I am a graduate of the Saint Paul Technical College Watchmakers of Switzerland Training and Education Program. I have been a watchmaker in the retail jewelery business and am now an independent watchmaker in Minneapolis. I work with individuals and businesses to repair watches of all varieties.
I can and will work on almost all brands of new and vintage pocket watches and wristwatches. Just a few of the brands I service include Omega, Rolex, Tag Heuer, Cartier, Seiko, Citizen, Elgin, Hamilton and Bulova.
A short listing of services I offer with the basic labor charge:
- Estimates: Free!
- Standard mechanical overhaul (pocket watch): $100, base rate
- Standard mechanical overhaul (wrist watch): $125, base rate
- Standard automatic overhaul: $145, base rate
- Standard chronograph overhaul: $175, base rate
- Automatic chronograph overhaul: $195, base rate
- Rolex or Omega co-axial overhaul: $200, base rate
- All overhauls include a case and bracelet clean and polish.
- Standard quartz movement replacement: $40 labor charge (plus cost of the movement)
- Crystal replacement*: $25 base rate, for a standard, 1mm thick round crystal *PLEASE NOTE: many crystals that are not round are not available as generics, and I may not be able to replace them. PLEASE send me an email before you send your watch for a crystal replacement.
- Crystal buffing: $5
- Shipping to you after completion: $5 for priority shipping with delivery confirmation. If you would like to have your package insured for replacement value, please let me know and I will give you a quote on that.
- Battery replacements: not available. Please take your watch to a jewelery store, where they will be happy to assist you!
Other charges to consider:
- Parts are sometimes needed to complete your repair, and will add to the total cost. Cost of parts entirely depends on the brand and type of watch you have, but I will always give you an estimate before ordering any replacement parts. Please understand that some parts are not available to independent watchmakers, and will require that I decline the job.
If there is a service you require but don't see it here, please contact me for a free estimate.